Cluster network name resource ‘XXXX’ failed to create its associated computer object in domain ‘xxxxx’ during: Resource online.
The text for the associated error code is: Cannot complete this function.
Please work with your domain administrator to ensure that:
- The cluster identity ‘XXXX$’ has Create Computer Objects permissions. By default all computer objects are created in the same container as the cluster identity ‘XXXX$’.
- The quota for computer objects has not been reached.
- If there is an existing computer object, verify the Cluster Identity ‘XXXX$’ has ‘Full Control’ permission to that computer object using the Active Directory Users and Computers tool.
In Active Directory Users and Computers…
- Cluster Object -> Security -> Domain Admins -> Full Control
- Listener Object -> Security -> Server Node (XXXXXX$) -> Full Control
- Listener Object -> Security -> Cluster Object (XXXXXX$) -> Full Control
Check on the documentation listed below and verify the permissions are properly assigned to both accounts.
Configuring cluster accounts in Active Directory | Microsoft Learn
How to Troubleshoot Create Cluster Failures – Microsoft Community Hub
Troubleshoot Cluster service account – Windows Server | Microsoft Learn