Power BI Embedded is for independent software vendors (ISVs) and for developers who build applications for their customers. It can be used as a third-party business intelligence service that enables you to visualize application data, rather than building that service yourself. Power BI Embedded is a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) analytics solution, where developers can embed reports and dashboards into an application for their customers.
Power BI Embedded allows you to focus on what you do best: building great apps. You can manage and develop with Power BI Embedded using tools and skills you already have.
- The Azure portal: A web-based application for managing all Azure services
- Visual Studio Code: a free, downloadable, open source, code editor for Windows, macOS, and Linux that supports extensions
- Power BI Desktop: a free, downloadable tool to create rich, interactive reports with visual analytics
Using the REST API, Power BI Embedded allows developing with any language.
Engage with the Power BI engineering team
- Communities: Ask Power BI questions
- Power BI Ideas: Request and vote for features
- Reddit: Discuss Power BI