By default, Windows Dedicated Servers have no FTP server installed or setup. The easiest way to securely transfer files between the server and your computer is use Remote Desktop.
- Click the Start menu on your PC and search for Remote Desktop Connection.
- Launch Remote Desktop Connection and click on Show Options.
- Select the Local Resources tab and click More.
- Under Drives, check the box for your C: drive or the drives that contain the files you will transfer and click OK.
- Enter your connection details and click Connect.
- Once connected, open Windows Explorer or My Computer from your server and you will be able to see the drives you shared. Drag and drop files to a folder on your server to transfer the files.
Can also use Windows File Explorer to access the drive on the remote desktop.