Need to create 2 AD objects.
- Cluster Host
- Listener Host
Object needs to be…
- In the same AD folder.
- Add self, cluster, all customer hosts to the security tab with full control.
- Set the object to “Inactive” state. Inactive account.
- IP address will be enterer in at setup time. No need to add DNS entry.
- Login account used needs to be domain admin.
Enable Failover Cluster in SQL Server Configuration Manager. Right click on SQL Server service -> Always On tab -> Check enable failover cluster.
May need to restart the server.
Use Always On folder to open up wizard to create Availability Group.
- SQL Server Standard Edition can only allow one database per AG group.